Dr. Carrie A. Moylan is an associate professor in the School of Social Work. Dr. Moylan has over 20 years of experience in the gender-based violence field, both as a practitioner and as a researcher. Currently, Dr. Moylan is engaged in research examining campus sexual assault policy implementation at colleges and universities and identifying campus-level risk and protective factors such as the role of campus climate in shaping sexual assault prevalence. She has partnered with Center for Survivors to evaluate Crisis Chat, a web-based crisis hotline for sexual assault survivors, in an NIJ-funded project. She has also conducted research on the functioning of multidisciplinary Sexual Assault Response Teams — for which she was awarded the Society for Social Work and Research Outstanding Social Work Doctoral Dissertation Award — and research on outcomes associated with childhood exposure to domestic violence in the home.
- Moylan, C. A., Carlson, M., Campbell, R., & Fedewa, T. (In Press). “It’s hard to show empathy in a text”: Developing a web-based sexual assault hotline in a campus context. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. doi: 10.1177/08862605211025036
- Moylan, C. A., Javorka, M., Maas, M., Meier, E., & McCauley, H. (2021). Campus sexual assault climate: Toward an expanded definition and improved assessment. Psychology of Violence, 11(3), 296-306. https://doi.org/10.1037/vio0000382
- Moylan, C. A. & Hammock, A. (2021). Walking the walk: Testing a theory derived measure of campus sexual assault policy implementation. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 36(13-14), 7137-7162. doi: 10.1177/0886260518824649
- Moylan, C. A., Hammock, A., & Carlson, M. L. (2020). In the eye of the reformer: Higher education personnel perspectives on campus sexual assault policy implementation. Journal of School Violence, 19(4), 433-445. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/15388220.2020.1728285
- Moylan, C. A. & Javorka, M. (2020). Widening the lens: An ecological review of campus sexual assault. Trauma, Violence, & Abuse, 21(1), 179-192. doi: 10.1177/1524838018756121
- Moylan, C. A., Javorka, M., Bybee, D., Stotzer, R., & Carlson, M. (2019). Campus-level variation in the prevalence of student experiences of domestic and sexual violence. Journal of the Society for Social Work and Research, 10(3), 397-421. doi: 10.1086/704543