- Professor, School of Criminal Justice
Mary A. Finn is a professor in the School of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University and Acting Dean of the College of Social Sciences. Her research addresses problems and issues directly related to justice policy and practice. She has collaborated extensively with local justice agencies, advocacy organizations, and divisions of the state government in efforts to bridge the world of academia and the world of policy and practice. Dr. Finn’s research has been funded by the National Institute of Justice and the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles and Department of Corrections. She is currently a co-principal investigator on a National Institute of Justice project assessing the influence of home visits and their temporal ordering on the supervision outcomes with high-risk parolees. Her most recent publications appear in Criminology & Public Policy, Crime & Delinquency, and the Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
Prior to joining MSU, Dr. Finn served as the Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Acting Director of Institutional Research at Georgia State University and participated in the Harvard University program on Performance Assessment in Higher Education and the Bryn Mawr College Summer Institute for Women in Higher Education Administration.
- Finn, M.A., Muftić, L., & Marsh, E. (2014). Exploring the overlap between victimization and offending among women in sex work. Victims & Offenders, 10(1), 74-94.
- Finn, M. A. (2013). Evidence-based and victim-centered prosecutorial policies: Examination of deterrent or therapeutic jurisprudence effects on domestic violence. Criminology & Public Policy. 12(3), 441–442.
- Muftić, L., & Finn, M. A. (2013). Health outcomes among women trafficked in the United States: A closer look. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 28(9), 1859-1885.
- Muftić, L., Finn, M. A., & Marsh, E. (2012). The victim-offender overlap, intimate partner violence, and sex: Assessing differences among victims, offenders, and victim-offenders. Crime & Delinquency. 17(3), 239-254.
- Blackwell, B. S., Holleran, D. & Finn, M. A. (2008). The impact of the Pennsylvania sentencing guidelines on sex differences in sentencing. Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice. 24(4), 399-418.