- Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatics
- (810) 600-5668
Dr. Debra Furr-Holden is an epidemiologist with expertise in drug and alcohol dependence epidemiology, prevention science and environmental strategies and structural intervention for violence, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. In the last decade her work has focused in large part on developing environmental strategies and structural interventions for violence, alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention in high-risk and urban settings. She currently PI’s the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention grant Alcohol Policies to Prevent and Reduce Youth Violence Exposure and the co-Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for the Prevention of Youth Violence.
- Furr-Holden, C.D.M., Campbell, K.D., Smart, M.J., Milam, A.J., Ialongo, N.A., Leaf, P.J. (2010). Metric properties of the Neighborhood Inventory for Environmental Typology (NIfETy). Evaluation Review, 34(3):159-84.
- Furr-Holden, C.D.M., Lee, M.H., Milam, A.J., Lee, K.S., Johnson, R., Ialongo, N.S. (2011). The Growth of Neighborhood Disorder and Marijuana Use among Urban Adolescents: Making a Case for Policy. Journal of Studies of Alcohol and Drugs, 72(3):371-9.
- Furr-Holden, C.D.M., Milam, A.J., Reynolds, E.K., MacPherson, L., Lejuez, C.W. (2012). Disordered Neighborhood Environments and Risk-Taking Propensity in Late Childhood through Adolescence. Journal of Adolescent Health, 50(1):100-2.
- Furr-Holden, C.D.M., Milam, A.J., Reynolds, E.K., MacPherson, L., Lejuez, C.W. (2011). Exposure to Hazardous Neighborhood Environments in Late Childhood and Anxiety. Journal of Community Psychology, 39(7)876-883.
- Furr-Holden, C.D.M., Smart, M.J., Pokorni J.P., Ialongo, N.S., Holder, H., & Anthony, J.C. (2008). The NIfETy Method for Environmental Assessment of Neighborhood-level Indicators of Alcohol and Other Drug Exposure. Prev Sci., 9(4), 245-55.